Thursday, 4 July 2013

A Day in the Life

Hello,
Today I thought I would do a "Day in the Life", as you might know, I have been working for a milliner during my year of interning. I had no background in millinery would it was an opportunity I couldn't miss :)
 I thought you might like to see what a day in the life of a milliner is like? Who doesn't like to have a nosy at what other people do all day?

The first part of my journey is pretty uninspiring.. I get the commuter train to Manchester before changing and getting another train to Hebden Bridge.
Hebden Bridge is such a lovely place, I walk to work through the park and over the canal which is full of boats and people when the weather is nice...

The shop is called Hat Therapy as you probably know from previous posts! but here's a little peak inside.



Last week I was working on what was going to be my last blocked hat :( (luckily I got to make one last fab hat which will be in another post).
This is my concentrating face.

The messy bit with some of our fabrics, I can't tell you how much this gets tidied up and rearranged but that's the nature of a working environment isn't it?

I finished lining and put together my hat in the afternoon but it still needed trimming and finishing of the next day. I hope to be doing a tiny photoshoot with it so I'll post that soon.



I can't tell you how much I've loved working in the hat shop, this is my last week of placement before final year in September but this is definitely not the end of me and millinery.

Holly x