Sunday, 9 June 2013

Walsh Casual at Norman Walsh

This post is about a company I actually only found out about this week. I got very excited because Walsh Casual, as their website states are Britain's only wholly owned, designed and manufactured sports footwear company AND they're based in my very own Bolton! Awesome.

This is so exciting to me because I love learning about the cultural history of my area (geek alert) and the company was formed by Norman Walsh who at 16 handmade all the British running shoes for the 1948 Olympics.

They were popular with Northern Soul followers so they are absolutely an important part of our cultural identity.

How is it possible that I didn't know they existed?

They had a competition running this week, heres my entry and the one I would have entered if I was allowed to a print because of course, as a printer I have to try and sneak it onto everything ;)

I went for an acid khaki look with blue mesh overlay for my trend driven S/S14 look




Looking at them together I wish I'd took the risk with my blue printed design, what do you think? Worth the risk of possibly not being a valid entry?

Check out all the other amazing entries on the Norman Walsh twitter feed and enter yourself :) You have until the end of the day!

All photos from www.Walshcasual.com apart from colour work on competition entries which are my own.