Monday, 8 July 2013

Pasodoble

I promised you a look at the grey straw hat I was working on when it was finished and here it is, from start to finish!

The idea behind this hat was a kind of matador, dance vibe (hence the name "Pasodoble").
I blocked a short crown on one of Chrissie's hand made blocks and cut it short to get the look we were going for.


The large asymmetrical brim was then blocked and trimmed.
Everything was lined and brim attached to crown before a hat elastic was added to keep it on your mug.



I finished it with a twist of wire and pearls for a contemporary yet classic look, the short crown and asymmetric, large brim definitely look great, I was really pleased with my finished item.





Look out for the photoshoot of my last two hats with lovely model Melissa.

Holly x