Friday, 28 February 2014

Digital Samples - Quick Post

This week I've been working on some digital prints for my first sample session, which I uploaded to the server today. I chosen a mixture of sketchbook pages, and simple repeats using my work so far, folk heads and simple patterns that I can play with in the print room and hopefully dye over using the samples I already have as reference.
One thing I have done in preparation of this print session is to match all my naturally dyed fabrics to the digital print sampler, which can be referenced in AVA to create the same shade. This has taken time and patience, after my first colour palette was printed I had to go back and re-evaluate my colour choices, picking ones closer to my natural dyes which this time will hopefully be much more accurate!