Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Long Overdue! - Hello my Name is Paul Smith

Hello, long time no speak huh?
Final major project is well under way and with a trip to London and New York under my belt, I thought it was about time to update the blog.

So… in the first week of January, I took a trip to the Design Museum to see Paul Smith's exhibit (we won't mention the exhibit I "went to see" that ended a year ago - oops).


Paul is one of my favourites, I find him endlessly fascinating and inspiring. I really connected with the way he talks about his design process and it was lovely to see the remake of his studio in the museum…. I definitely recommend going to the design museum and seeing it.








Those prints! I particularly like the blue 70's folk blazer, it links nicely with my final major project and will definitely be influencing my work, although I'm sure the whole exhibit will.

The next section in the museum was dedicated to young designers, these 3D printed vessels were amazing, makes me want to change my project completely and 3D print everything…